Project Manager, Buildings (healthcare, higher education)
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking an individual to act as an Owner’s Representative, Project Manager for the design and construction of a mix of higher education, healthcare and other institutional expansion and renovation projects. The projects will be in various phases from conceptual planning stages through design, construction and occupancy; and range in various complexities and total project costs of $5 Million to $100+Million.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage multiple higher education, healthcare, K-12 schools or commercial expansion or renovation projects as an Owner’s Representative. Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are of utmost importance.
- Communicate daily with the client and project team.
- Lead the Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner and other consultants.
- Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Prepare and distribute meeting notes to the project team.
- Lead the Construction Team on behalf of the owner.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Prepare Monthly Reports to Owner.
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project.
- Assist and help manage/coordinate move and occupancy activities.
- Review and approve all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Traditionally reports to project executive or principal
Your Capability and Credentials
- Project Management experience in buildings sector (design and construction of healthcare, commercial, higher education and K-12 buildings)
- Ability to interact well with internal clients, external clients, as well as in the field with subcontractors
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and problem solving abilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar
- 5-8+ years of related experience
- A minimum of 2+ years of managing projects as a project manager/owners representative
- 10+ years of experience
- Project Management experience on Higher Education, Healthcare or K-12 projects
- Estimating experience is a plus
- History of leading projects through Collaborative approach
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top