- Austin, TX
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
A Project Architect is a licensed professional with responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of the public. They are expected to have a broad set of experience and knowledge and may also have an area of expertise. Responsible for complex tasks/small projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for project of average complexity/size
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material
- Utilize BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components
- Prepare and revise documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details
- Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes, and requirements of regulatory agencies
- Assist in the coordination of permit requirements for city building permit sets
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation including clash detection within the BIM model
- Coordinate civil engineering work as it relates to the building design
- Conduct field observation and report progress of construction
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFIs, prepare site observation reports, and other contract administration tasks
- Evaluate building design using sustainable design principles
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors
- Participate in client project requirement meetings
- Participate in value analysis and basic cost estimating
- Assist in the preparation of specifications in coordination with building plans and the specifications writer
- Recommendation and selection of building systems and materials
- Participate in constructability review
- Participate in bidding and negotiation phase and prepare addenda
- Coordinate and direct external consultants including evaluation of quality and progress of work
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects
- Assist in preparation of project budget, schedule and overall work planning
- Ensures that work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work planning
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Architectural license is required
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
- Architectural experience in educational facilities is strongly preferred
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
Education and Experience
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license is required
- Experience with modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
Please submit your portfolio along with a copy of your resume for consideration
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top