The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
As a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team you will work independently to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will be innovating and creating new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction from the Project Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple, large scope, highly complex projects.
- Effectively participates and helps to win work in interviews for potential projects.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Keeps the Principal in Charge informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables and understands the limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role and respects the boundaries of the Principal in Charge’s responsibilities.
- Leads the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentors Assistant Project Managers and motivates project teams.
- Assures that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Leads project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manages and tracks change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Works with Operations Manager in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Directs client invoicing and effectively manages collections.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive project experience supports in the ability to win work during proposal response.
- Capable of simultaneously supporting one or more Principal’s in Charge on multiple projects.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Excellent negotiator and communicator.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma; Prefer experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field & Registered Architect. Minimum of 7-8 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top