The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Take the first step towards designing your career with Stantec. As a professional design services firm our Cleveland, OH office is seeking a Leader to serve as the Principal, Project Director, developing client relationships, leading business development activities and continue our growth and success in our current market sectors and in diversifying our client and project base. In addition to the external development, we are looking for a leader to inspire our team, represent design, and reinforce the national brand of Stantec.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sustaining and growing revenue within the OH market, helping to achieve top line growth for the business unit, and working collaboratively with the project team to achieve key operational performance metrics.
- Play a key leadership role on projects throughout all project stages.
- Serve as a local leader to inspire our team, represent design, and reinforce the national brand of Stantec.
- Manage local business development pursuits including strategic proposal development for the group and coordinating a core group of interior design and architecture professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Serve as a seller-doer generating work, creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- Leading and coordinating business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
- Developing and driving marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Developing, reviewing, and approving proposals, reports, and contract documents in accordance with Stantec policy.
- Developing and maintaining industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Multidisciplinary experience in any or all of the following markets: higher education, science and technology, healthcare and workplace.
- Demonstrated design acumen and leadership on major projects.
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Strong seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, coordination, leadership, team-building and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect in Ohio
- 15+ years of experience in business development in the architecture industry in the Cleveland market and surrounding area
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.