The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead collaboratively, the growth and development of the K-12 and Higher Education sector for Stantec
- Assist in strengthening the design brand of Stantec to achieve its goals of becoming a top ten global design firm
- Secure Exceptional clients for Stantec and deliver high quality, profitable projects for the firm that enhance Stantec’s Design and Brand Recognition in Buildings
- Manage the Planning and Design process with clients on projects related to the K-12 and Higher Education sector that come to Stantec through you and support the growth and development of other Stantec Architecture and interior design resources
- Program, develop methodologies and design approaches for the product type through the project design and documentation phases
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams including consultants and collaborate with existing Stantec Engineering leadership to grow Stantec reach, client pool, and design brand
- Work on a variety of K-12 and Higher Education projects from design through construction administration and mentor others who are emerging leaders in that practice
- Collaborate with team members within the project team and leverage Stantec skills in K-12 and Higher Education strategically
- Lead in identifying project opportunities, marketing Stantec services and winning work
- Perform limited administrative and office management tasks
- Be active members within the communities that Stantec serves
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A license to practice Architecture in the state of Texas
- Familiarity with Revit and Microsoft Office and ancillary ‘digital’ design tools
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- The ability to work in an energetic and challenging work environment collaboratively
- A passion for educational design
Education and Experience
- Successful completion of a Bachelor or Master’s degree of Architecture at an accredited institution
- A minimum of 15 years of experience with a focus on K-12 and Higher Education projects
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top