The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Stantec's Houston office is looking for a MEP BIM Technician to join their Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of mechanical systems (Sheetmetal, HVAC, Piping, Plumbing, and Fire Protection), with the flexibility to support other Engineering groups as well.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sets up new Revit project files and maintains file structure for projects
- Converts redlines to document-ready work
- Works with BIM managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation
- Skillfully works in both Revit MEP on 3D projects; including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and UCS manipulation
- Creates electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements
- Publishes, posts, and manages drawing sets
- Maintains drawing revisions
- Adds insight and makes recommendations to add efficiencies and value to BIM production
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong working knowledge of Revit MEP are preferred
- A good understanding of Building Information Modeling
- Ability to multi-task to timely produce accurate deliverables
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- Certificate or diploma from technical college and at least 2-3 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the architectural/engineering/contractor industry.
- Must have experience working on HVAC and Plumbing drawings and models
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.