The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Stantec is currently in search of a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Vancouver office, an individual with an excellent record of accomplishment – technically, in the design and implementation of buildings related projects such as healthcare and educational facilities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Mechanical systems design, particularly in the design of HVAC, plumbing and fire suppression systems.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative organization where client service is of highest priority, is essential.
- You will be a real contributor in this group with your technical expertise, team skills and client relationships.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in consulting engineering environment is strongly preferred
- Effective interpersonal and people management ability; mentoring of a small group of mechanical team members as required
- Autodesk Revit® experience is strongly preferred; knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD (recent versions)
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) with your interaction with team members in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Interest/experience in the application of green engineering principles; LEED AP certification is a definite asset
- P.Eng. designation with EGBC preferred
Education and Experience
Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of post-graduation experience in the design of mechanical systems of buildings (HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection) preferably in projects within the healthcare or educational sectors
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.