Marketing Specialist (Part Time, 1 Yr. Term 4-Days/Week)
- Saskatoon, Canada
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Marketing, Communications & Public Relations.
As part of the Marketing Team, your role is to help bring our story to life and present it in creative and compelling ways. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple initiatives at once? Do you love to strategize? Working with technical experts, are you up to the challenge of developing competitive proposal submissions?
Stantec is looking for a Marketing Specialist in Saskatoon for its Saskatchewan-Manitoba marketing team. This position requires someone who is a real team player who can coordinate and lead pursuit processes, communicate effectively, and maneuver the competitive environment confidently.
This is a one-year term position commencing July 9, 2018 with a four-day work week. In this role, you will be a key part of a skilled Marketing team, preparing high-impact proposals and presentations and engaging in other communication assignments in alignment with the Stantec brand to help set our firm apart from the pack.
Your Key Responsibilities
Combining your business savvy with strong marketing sensibilities, you’ll seek creative ways to help us achieve our corporate and regional goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership in selected markets. There’ll be many opportunities for you to put your experience to work within the regional marketing team. Your responsibilities will include proposal development, conference and tradeshow coordination, support to client events and community engagement initiatives, and general collateral and communications development. You’ll contribute to client development and account management efforts. You’ll help maintain Stantec’s internal systems for information management related to opportunity/lead tracking, people and projects, and promotional activity. And you’ll be a contributor toward Stantec’s internal and external communications networks.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven experience developing responses to detailed requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, and with Microsoft Office and web-based interfaces
- Experience in the professional services industry is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and also in cooperation within a larger regional team. Candidate should enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies.
- Must feel comfortable working assertively in a deadline-driven environment.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, journalism, or relevant business streams
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing-related field.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top