Do you love to strategize? Do you thrive in a fast-paced technical environment while managing multiple initiatives and deadlines?
Stantec is looking for a Marketing Specialist to support our regional Marketing team for a one-year term beginning September 2018. This position requires someone who has real marketing desire—a team player with the required organizational skills to lead processes and meet deadlines, an adept writer able to find the angle of a story, and an effective communicator who anticipates what’s needed and plans for successful outcomes. In this role, you’ll work closely with our regional marketing team and internal clients to create compelling messages that set our firm apart from the pack and will champion successful digital and events campaigns.
Your day-to-day work will keep you on your toes as it’s always changing; that’s what’s exciting about working in the consulting world! A typical da y could include interviewing a practitioner on a new technology for developing a blog for our website, coordinating a conference promotional strategy with our team of attendees, taking the lead on planning a client reception, supporting our regional marketing team with proposal qualification pieces, and developing custom marketing pieces to supplement our global suite of materials.
As a member of Stantec’s regional marketing team, you will be part of a creative and reputable company with a friendly and respectful work environment that makes an impact in the communities we serve. You will learn about interesting projects shaping our region and have opportunities to develop yourself personally and professionally. Combining your business savvy with strong marketing sensibilities, you’ll look for creative ways to help us achieve our corporate and regional goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership in selected markets. There will be many oppo rtunities for you to put your experience to work.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing our regional conferences and events program.
- Coordinating marketing and communication activities such as planning, marketing systems maintenance and utilization, and promotional activities.
- Marketing support for presentations and proposal qualifications.
- Engaging practitioners in thought leadership positioning activities.
- Composing communications for external audiences, including presentations and qualifications packages, social media, and the Stantec.com website.
- Ensuring understanding and adherence with Stantec's marketing and communications policies, procedures, practices, and protocols, while supporting the tactical marketing and business development objectives of the region.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign), web-based interfaces, and Microsoft Office.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Able to work assertively in a deadline driven environment, strong follow up skills.
- Strong story-telling and writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers and clients, internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively within a group with 'team spirit' as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, journalism, business, or related area.
Minimum of 4 years of experience in a marketing-related field.
Experience in the professional services industry is preferred.
Experience in the AEC industry an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top