Land Surveying Professional/RPLS
- Austin, TX
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
You will work under the direction of the Survey Department Manager. You will perform public record research and calculations to resolve property boundaries and rights of way; will review survey technician’s work and serve as project manager on various sized survey projects. You will assist in crew scheduling for multiple crews and help prepare crews for their field work. You will assist and/or prepare construction staking calculations and reports as needed. You may be required to work in the field on occasion and make sure equipment is maintained, repaired and calibrated as needed.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, abstracting title data, record drawings research, and client relations.
- Sign and seal survey documents.
- Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients on technical matters.
- Works directly with project team members, to include other registered surveyors, engineers, and technical and survey staff.
- Writes descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requires advanced knowledge of local survey laws, surveying principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards, and safety precautions.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced skills in survey processing software.
- Well-developed understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of survey work.
- Working knowledge of relevant technical software including AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation, GPS, and robotic total stations.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Demonstrates strong math skills, including algebra and trigonometry.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Geomatics, Surveying or related field & Licensed by state/province in Land Surveying or equivalent Licensure. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top