Land Development Civil Designer (EIT)
- San Antonio, TX
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Stantec is seeking to fill a talented, team-focused position with a drainage (H&H) focus to join our Community Development team in San Antonio, Texas (70 NE Loop). The primary purpose of the position is to assist project managers in developing and processing drainage studies and design projects by performing due diligence, engineering calculations and design, and technical writing. This position prepares preliminary information, prepares and obtains required documents and plans, ensures internal approval of products and plans, processes plans for approval by reviewing agencies, and provides technical assistance during the construction phases.
The position has responsibility for preparation and coordination of technical activities on assigned projects. Assists in the preparation of plans and schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between other project participants, including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assists in the creation of hydrologic and hydraulic models for both public infrastructure and private development projects.
- Performs model output analysis in order to determine design parameters and requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of plans and reports for relevant project design elements under the guidance and supervision of a licensed professional engineer.
- Also receives direction from more experienced Engineer Associates.
- Performs more complex engineering design tasks on assigned projects under supervision of Project Engineer or Project Manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports and required applications to regulatory agencies. Utilizes relevant software programs to prepare exhibits and complex working drawings.
- Continues to develop skills using software programs for design and/or drafting and H&H analysis.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Responsible for organizing all aspects of submittals and deliverables.
- Monitors own work and that of project team to ensure budgets and schedules are being met.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering project proposals and change orders.
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Attends and assists in client/contractor/stakeholder meetings.
- Participates in client and contractor meetings to have a better understanding of client’s goals.
- Trains less experienced team members in day-to day-activities including routine H&H analysis,technical design, processing, and company procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline. -
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of relevant project design, including grading, drainage (H&H), utilities, and roadways.
- EIT registration required.
- CFM registration preferable.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, as well as relevant software programs which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, XPSWMM or XPSTORM a plus.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in San Antonio and surrounding areas preferred.
- Good writing skills and CLOMR/LOMR experience.
- Ability to speak in public to present project related material.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top