The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
You will work on tasks under the guidance of a Senior Designer or Architect. This is an intermediate level Architect Intern design role. You will be designing schematics specialized in space programming and site planning as well as developing elevations, sections, and architectural details for projects. You will be assisting with innovative and creative new prototypes, designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Senior Architect, develop various design projects specifically in K-12 and post-secondary education but also including; commercial, retail, and healthcare
- Assist in various business development effort such as writing proposals, attending conferences, reviewing and preparing fees, etc.
- Evaluate and assimilate design changes introduced by the client or project architect
- Coordinate architectural design development with other members of the design team along with engineering sub-consultants and specialist design disciplines; maintain effective communication and cooperation with and among these individuals.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables at all project phases.
- Support good policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with K-12 education projects is a strong asset.
- In the process of becoming a Registered Architect in Canada.
- Strong BIM knowledge and Revit proficiency is a must with the expectation of preparing virtual reality tours.
- Experience with a wide range of illustration and rendering software an asset.
- Proven technical understanding of building science and construction contracts.
- Able to work effectively in managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as dealing with clients and design team members
- NOTE: Please include a few samples of your work or a link to your portfolio.
Education and Experience
- A degree in Architecture (4 year) Undergraduate or Masters’ degree
- A minimum 5 years' experience as a graduate architect, on a wide array of projects
- Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top