Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
We have an exciting opportunity in our Rosslyn, VA office for an Intern Architect 2 with a minimum of three years of experience.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports project team in development of design documentation.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilize BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Participate in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Understand and apply building codes and requirements of regulatory agencies in development of the building design.
- Assist in the development of space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- Assist in coordinating building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of building systems and materials. - Implement sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
- Assist in site analysis.
- Assist in development of conceptual building design.
- Assist in research of concept, benchmarks, materials, typology, precedents.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Degree in support of an Architectural license required (accredited Master’s degree or 5 year Bachelor’s degree).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with a demonstrated variety of project types and project delivery methods.
- Revit proficiency required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as support multiple projects simultaneously
- Substantial knowledge of procedures for production of construction documents
- Above average communication and organization skills with the demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Positive problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and desire to advance their skills and abilities. LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
Education and Experience
- Degree in support of of Architectural license (accredited Master's degree or 5 year Bachelor degree)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Proficient with Revit
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.