Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
The Water Resources Team has an opportunity for an Intermediate to Senior Hydrologist or Water Resources Engineer in the Burnaby, BC office. The successful candidate will join our growing team of water resources specialists who value teamwork and enjoy the company of their colleagues.
- Providing supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff
- Contributing to and leading business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients
- Interacting and interfacing with clients and environmental regulators
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leading engineering assessment and design for river infrastructure projects including water intakes, outfalls, dams and weirs, fishways, flood protection, river training, and protective works
- Leading scour and erosion analyses and design protection measures for watercourse crossings such as bridges, pipelines, roads, and other linear infrastructure
- Assist in environmental flow needs (EFN) assessments, fish habitat loss assessments and designs related to habitat compensation plans
- Mine water balance models, mine water management plans and water management infrastructure designs
- Manage tasks and projects according to approved scopes of work, and deliver quality reports on schedule and within budget
- Contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications, and project permitting
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services - Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
The qualified candidate is not expected to have experience in all of the responsibilities above; the list outlines the variety of tasks our team are currently involved with. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment with diverse and dynamic projects, and enjoys working on multi-disciplinary scopes of work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Registration as a professional geoscientist or engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC, or qualifications to obtain this registration at the start of employment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to grow in your career in a challenging environment that fosters self-improvement though leadership, mentoring and a diversity of experience.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Geoscience or applicable Engineering discipline (including Water, Civil or Environmental Engineering)
- Minimum 7 years’ consulting experience directly related to river engineering, water resources and/or mining.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.