The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a variety of small to large projects using various materials
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of clients from owners, and developers
- Knowledge of structural design software such as SAP2000, SAFE and ETABS
- Ability to investigate construction related issues for new and existing structures
- Preparation and review of technical reports
- Provision of Quality Control and Quality Assurance services
- Mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced professionals as required
- Become actively engaged in a significant volunteer role with a variety of trade associations
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experienced with the use of the either the National or Alberta Building Code.
- Working knowledge of the requirements of CSA Standard A23.1, and concrete and concrete materials test methods of CSA Standard A23.2 as well as ASTM and ACI committee documents.
- Working knowledge of the requirements of CSA S16 Design of Steel Structures.
- Experience using either CSA O86 Engineering Design in Wood as well as CSA S304 Design of Masonry Structures would be an asset.
- A self-starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Structural/Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGA.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of experience in contracting/consulting within a buildings Structural team.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.