Intermediate Interior Designer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Vancouver, BC office has an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate Interior Designer. You will be working in a busy architectural /interior design practice on diverse and interesting assignments including corporate and retail projects. Working as part of the Interior Design team, you will be integral in the development of construction documentation packages, including details and specifications of all elements of the project, such as drawing standards and setup, millwork detailing, specifications, furniture symbols, coordination with Engineers, building code and permit requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate on interiors projects to set up Revit and AutoCAD drawing packages
- Development of full construction document packages; including review of shop drawings for compliance with contract documents
- Coordination and review of consultant teams such as code consultant, architects and mechanical, electrical and structural engineers and Contractors
- Work closely with the Senior Designer to ensure efficient completion of deliverables
- Prepare architectural details and exercises judgment in the selection of materials and details, adaptations of alternates. Support technical tools used by the Interior Design team, including Revit, AutoCAD Sketchup, and Photoshop
- Assist in preparation of computer generated design presentation materials and business development efforts
- Capable of overseeing small teams and mentoring of staff on drawing standards
- Working knowledge of construction administration process
Your Credentials and Capabilities
- Interior Design degree with a focus on technical production work
- Working knowledge of local building codes and city permit processes
- AutoCAD or Revit skills are required; and ideally, Revit proficiency is highly beneficial
- Experience with other design and drafting tools such as Sketchup, Photoshop, 3D Max is also beneficial
- Efficient with Microsoft Office suite: Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills as required to manage filing drawings and records management
- Highly professional communication skills and relationship management skills in your dealings with the design team, clients and contractors
- Independent and collaborative attitude in a high functioning Interior Design studio with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Career driven individual who wants to grow within a dynamic company
Education and Experience
5-7 years related interior design and construction documentation experience, some of which should be for large scale projects; corporate office and retail project experience is highly preferred
***Please submit a selection of a portfolio of work with application/resume.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top