The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work on NYC public school projects including building renovation/rehabilitation projects
- All stages of work, starting from documenting existing field conditions, preparation of design and construction documents, including development of details
- Coordination/communication with internal design team and consultants
- Attending client meetings accompanied by senior staff
- Construction Administration, including attending field meetings, documenting progress of construction, reviewing shop submittals, responding to RFIs etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of building renovations/rehabilitation a plus
- Experience in Contract Administration is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and some knowledge of Revit required
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture
- Architectural experience in the education sector, with experience on NYC School Construction Authority projects a plus
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.