Information Communication Technology Co-Lead
- Plano, TX
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Stantec’s Plano, Texas office is looking for an ICT Co-Lead. The US South Central Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Co-Lead contributes to the overall strategic and tactical leadership of the Stantec Buildings group ICT discipline in Buildings offices within the South Central region representing currently around 25 ICT Consultants. This position will lead strategic projects, be client facing, contribute to project delivery standards and work processes, provide quality control, workload forecasting and financial performance accountability. The ICT Co-Lead contributes to differentiating Stantec from other competing firms and positions Stantec and its ICT staff as innovators in the industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with PM's and SME’s to on key projects to develop and deliver client drawings, specifications, presentations, reports, and other deliverables.
- Provide senior project client facing leadership on key projects and for key accounts
- Periodically act as a QC reviewer on ICT projects
- Maintain awareness of operational, technical or regulatory changes within the ICT and AEC overall, disseminate such knowledge to staff and firm, and integrate into existing processes and standards.
- Maintain and update ICT specifications, technical documentation and standards.
- Oversee ICT design delivery process and best practices and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Provide oversight for ICT staff’s education and certification process & balance firm, studio and staff needs.
- Contribute to the development of strategic and tactical business development and marketing plans for the ICT group and align with firm-wide ICT goals and strategies.
- Develop new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Develop presentation materials and present to clients and at strategic industry events.
- Represent the firm through published articles, public speaking engagements and attendance at industry and community events, meetings, and conferences.
- Develop project proposals.
- Assist the marketing department with the development of ICT marketing materials and content.
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends impacting Stantec's core service offerings and markets and continually strengthens skills.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- RCDD certification required.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, managing, and retaining top talent.
- Professional Engineering license a plus.
- Successful history of collaboration and teaming with contractors on Design-Build projects is an asset.
- Outstanding client service skills with ability to lead practice members in consistently delivering an exceptional standard of service to every client.
- Strong managerial skills; with ability to hire, engage, develop, and retain top-tier talent.
- Strong business acumen with ability to identify, develop and map strategy, prepare, interpret and manage budgets, and analyze business results.
- Business development skills with ability to identify and develop prospects, nurture key relationships, cross-sell services, negotiate, and engage business.
- Deep knowledge of ICT technologies and systems design, and the ability to communicate effectively about them to non-technical project stakeholders. Systems include voice and data cabling infrastructure, electronic security, wireless systems, audio video systems, nurse call, fire alarm, building automation.
- Comprehensive understanding of building project components, project management and delivery systems; ability to continuously evaluate and refine processes to increase efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Outstanding consulting skills; with ability to present a credible, engaging image in keeping with Stantec’s high service standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and polished presentation and public speaking skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in related field plus 15+ years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Experience delivering ICT consulting to Architects and Owners in diverse markets including healthcare, commercial, data center, higher education, life sciences, civic and government.
This position requires a frequent presence in other offices, at project sites, and at meetings. Frequent travel is required. Travel scope may include regional, national or international based on the contracted requirements. To meet this requirement, a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record, and valid passport is necessary for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-- While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- The staff member frequently is required to sit, talk and hear.
- The staff member is frequently required to visit and navigate existing facilities and construction sites, which often requires the ability to walk and climb.
- The staff member must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The staff member must occasionally operate a motor vehicle.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Back to top