Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Environmental Services team is a close group of professionals that harness a vast pool of technical resources and skills across diverse industry sectors and geographies, providing clients a single source of advisory services for a broad range of disciplines. We are hiring an Associate or Senior level environmental professional to join our Sacramento, CA or Portland, OR office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform various aspects of environmental due diligence projects; building material sampling programs; environmental compliance & permitting; and site investigations, including soil, soil vapor, & groundwater.
- Continual development and mentoring of staff members throughout Northern CA and the Pacific Northwest. Possibly coordinate and oversee implementation of environmental mitigation strategies; building material abatement programs; and/or soil, soil vapor and groundwater remedial construction programs; and assist with preparation of proposals and business development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Develop project opportunities through proactive marketing of the firm.
- Experience with preparation of proposals, cost estimating, and business development.
- Ability to analyze information and data and develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations accordingly.
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Plan, organize, schedule, assign, coordinate, and direct the activities of project staff.
- Current 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training plus.
- Current California CSST/CAC, and CDPH certification required.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful completion of a physical and/or drug & alcohol screen.
- Should be personable, motivated, and a self-starter capable of working both individually and as part of team.
- Must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Be client focused.
- The desired candidate will demonstrate strict adherence to health and safety procedures and attention to detail; have an outstanding work ethic and a passion for high quality work product.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor degree in a related field, required.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the consulting profession with at least 5 years providing leadership, guidance, and mentoring to developing staff.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top