- Los Angeles, CA
3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Stantec is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner with a focus on transportation infrastructure in the Environmental Services Practice to be based out of our Thousand Oaks Office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience successfully preparing and managing CEQA and NEPA documents with specific knowledge of Caltrans, FHWA, and FTA requirements. S ome experience with non-transportation projects (e.g., private land use development, environmental infrastructure, power) is also desired. Strong emphasis will be placed on previous technical experience with transportation agencies, quality of work, and the ability to manage project budgets and schedules.
The primary duties of this role are to: -
- Manage CEQA, NEPA and other environmental compliance documents and projects for a wide range of local government and transportation clients.
- Prepare project permit applications for submittal to various federal, state, and local agencies.
- Participate in client and/or agency project meetings.
- Identify opportunities and prepare proposals.
- Interface with representatives of other Stantec Practices to facilitate cross selling of services.
- Supervise technical staff.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible and applicable experience with environmental documentation for transportation projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, engineering or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Practicing knowledge of Caltrans Standard Environmental Reference and Local Assistance Procedures Manual.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Public speaking skills are desirable.
- Ability to plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of large, multi-discipline projects, medium-sized projects with a high degree of technical complexity, and small projects with minimal environmental constraints.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience with budget control and invoicing.
- An ability to manage several projects simultaneously is essential.
- The position will also include business development, marketing, and proposal preparation.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 certification required or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Back to top