- Winnipeg, Canada
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Within Manitoba and across Canada, the Stantec Energy and Sustainability Team provides consulting services at all scales of the built environment and at every stage of the building life cycle, based upon the principles and goals of sustainability and stewardship. This high performance consulting service reflects the interconnected systems-based nature of sustainability and includes LEED Consulting, Building Performance Simulation, and Commissioning. We are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, commissioning and ongoing building optimization. Our open structure, collaborate culture, and sustainable design ethos cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
The Stantec Winnipeg office has an immediate need for a full-time self-motivated Senior Energy Modeler to provide support, technical expertise, direction and leadership in the execution of sustainability projects. You woul d bring good communication skills, technical strengths, project experience, ability to provide excellent client service and a commitment to sustainable design
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support projects through services including energy modelling, LEED documentation, researching sustainable building design strategies, and writing reports
- Provide building performance modeling that analyzes energy and thermal performance of new and existing commercial, institutional, and residential buildings
- Work with clients and design teams in an integrated design approach to identify appropriate design strategies geared towards improving energy performance, indoor air quality, and thermal comfort; provide ongoing analysis through design and construction
- Complete Energy Audits – identification of potential energy efficiency measures, utility demand, and consumption analysis
- Prepare LEED documentation associated with energy modeling; assist with coordination of other LEED documentation as necessary
- Collaborate with our buildings engineering and architectural groups, LEED facilitation, and existing buildings energy teams.
- Be a ‘connector’ to our Stantec national energy modelling practice network.
- Assisting with Building System Commissioning and LEED Commissioning- including the development of operation and maintenance best practices for new construction and existing buildings.
- Energy Related Mechanical Engineering – design, analysis and reporting in support of efficient and sustainable energy related projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Graduation as a Mechanical Engineer from an accredited university, or as a Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Technician or Technologist.
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a P. Eng., E.I.T. or C.E.T. with a Canadian Professional Association or Certifying Body.
- Experience in a consulting or building construction environment with a specialization in building mechanical systems, building envelopes, and/or building energy efficiency.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using eQUEST, IES Virtual Environment, TRNSYS, EnergyPlus or other energy simulation tools.
- Good knowledge of relevant standards including ASHRAE 90.1, NECB, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office.
- LEED Accredited Professional status with the Canadian Green Building Council (or significant progress towards this accreditation).
- An understanding of energy retrofit methods and government energy efficiency incentive programs.
- Experience in alternative energy including any of the following technologies: solar thermal, solar PV, wind, geo-exchange, cogeneration, district energy, biomass, and ocean energy..
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical/Technologist Designation considered an asset
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top