Design Coordinator - Interior Design
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Stantec’s Boston, MA office has an exciting opportunity for a Design Coordinator – Interior Design.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participate in selection of architectural finishes, interior furnishings, fabrics, lighting and other building specifications.
- Research and understand different materials, products and systems that accomplish the design goals of the project.
- Produce detailed floor plans, elevations, details and shop drawings.
- Prepare design, finish, and furniture alternates and recommendations.
- Work and coordinate with project architects, managers, other designers and consultants, vendors, and regulatory agencies through all phases of a project’s design and construction to ensure the project and design objectives are met.
- Communicate with and manage client expectations in all aspects, including design, budget, and schedule.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Interior Design or related degree at an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience required
- Revit experience preferred and proficiency of SketchUp, InDesign and Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others. Also, the ability to work in an energetic and challenging work environment.
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, punctual, and organized
Please include a work sample with your application.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Interior Design or related degree
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience
- This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top