Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their
fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
In this position as a CAD Technician, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic ind ividual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Produces construction drawings and plans using computer-aided drafting programs.
- Provides preliminary drawings/sketches/notes for projects, redlines and plans for submittals.
- Assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team
- Completes tasks on projects including preparing basic utility alignments and profiles, cut and fill calculations, calculating flow lines of wastewater and storm sewer systems, and preparing layout site plan drafts.
- Works with the engineer in designing the site, grading, and water/wastewater layout on projects.
- Work closely with the Civil Engineer and engineering group in recommending the best use of project tools in order to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the project tools
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents and provides design ideas and solutions
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects.
- Working knowledge of codes and design requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Proficient in 3D software.
- Proficient in relevant software programs including AutoCAD Civil3D and/or MicroStation Inroads, GIS, Auto Turn and Adobe Acrobat.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine you r personal best.