Assistant Project Manager, Owner's Representative (Buildings)
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
As an Assistant Project Manager (APM), you will report through a Project Director or Project Manager on one or various projects. This will allow huge growth potential as you will be exposed to clients, design and construction team members, program and project management processes, and strong project leaders. You will have the support and mentorship of our leadership and expert Programs and Project Management team.
You will need to be detail-oriented, organized, dependable, resourceful, and able to perform well under the pressure of deadlines. This challenge requires ambition to broaden your education and an eagerness to gain the knowledge and tools to advance your career. As an APM, you will need to demonstrate professionalism in all forms of communication, attire, attendance, and work independently and as part of a team. This is an opportunity to excel in Stantec’s work environment, and to do so you will need to remain open to others' ideas and exhibit a willingne ss to expand your capabilities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform project management activities as assigned by and in support of Project Manager / Director;
- Conducts budget and schedule management;
- Participate in activities of Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner and other consultants;
- Deliver day-to-day project tracking and communication with the client and project team;
- Prepare and distribute meeting notes to the project team;
- Provide direction to the Construction Team on behalf of the owner;
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project;
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors;
- Support the preparation of Monthly Reports to Owner;
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction;
- Participa te in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project;
- Assist in move-in activities;
- Review all invoices and change orders associated with the project;
- Assist in resolving disputes and claims;
- Reports to Project Manager / Project Director
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software;
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications;
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- This assignment will require excess travel in central and south Florida with periods of overnight stay (weekly/bi-weekly). Applicants must be willing and able to meet this requirement.
Education an d Experience
- New college graduates considered, requiring strong Co-op and/or Internship experience within Engineering, Architecture, and Construction firms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Management or similar
- Bilingual speaking (English/Spanish)
Back to top