Air Quality Specialist
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Bakersfield, CA office is currently seeking an Air Quality Specialist to join our Environmental Services Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Data collection, compilation and management for federal and state emission inventories.
- Help create GHG emission inventories through data analysis and report preparation.
- Participate in field work including data gathering, field sampling, and site evaluations on environmental projects.
- Coordinate between Stantec office staff, field personnel, clients, regulators and other necessary parties.
- Perform regulatory compliance and gap assessments.
- Support preparation of additional Federal, state and local air permit applications as required and meet reporting requirements including estimation of emission rates associated with various regulatory requirements.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of facility operations and related state and federal air quality regulations.
- Microsoft Excel proficient, VBA experience a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, department management, contractors and consultants in a professional setting
- Position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, good organization skills, strong verbal communication skills, and a passion for high quality of work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. - Ability to analyze data and prepare written reports.
- Must have a good driving record and valid drivers license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec the candidate must successfully pass a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
Education and Experience
- Science or Engineering degree a required
- 1 year experience in air quality related work
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top