Air Quality Scientist
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
You will be involved in a variety of projects that may include air quality impact assessments, air dispersion modeling, air emission inventories, ambient air quality data analysis, air monitoring network design, hazard and risk assessment, noise impact assessments, and regulatory approvals and reporting. We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Executing projects involving atmospheric dispersion modeling assessments, air emission inventories, ambient air quality data analysis, etc..
- Successfully executing tasks/projects while meeting cost, schedule, quality and safety objectives.
- Effectively coordinating and communicating with project managers and project team members on technical contents and professional development.
- Effectively interacting with clients and supporting project managers on project related technical details.
- Promoting and demonstrating a positive, team-oriented attitude.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Have demonstrated the ability to function in a high performance, fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Superior skills in project execution and team coordination.
- The successful candidate will be committed to quality and will be client-focused.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree, in an applicable, related discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of relevant work experience, preferably in air dispersion modeling and emissions estimation.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Infrequent field assignments may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather; involve short-term, regional travel; and require the ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top