CO Salary Range: USD 90,000.00 - 115,000.00 per year;USD 250.00 per year;USD 50,000.00 per year
Join SpotX as a Senior C++ Software Developer in Denver (Broomfield), Colorado.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households.
The Senior C ++ Software Developer role at SpotX is responsible for building innovative digital ad technology by collaborating with other talented engineers in agile teams of 4-5 developers to evolve new and legacy systems into the next generation of ad tech.
- Building innovative digital ad technology that empowers customers and drives a free and open internet
- Solving "impossible" problems through experimentation and iteration, applying ideas to systems at scale.
- Standing on the shoulders of giants. Collaborating with other talented engineers in agile teams of 4-5 developers to evolve new and legacy systems into the next generation of ad tech.
- Driving performance and efficiency. Our software must handle billions of transactions per day, so every byte, every computation counts.
- Getting your hands dirty with a variety of technologies. From PHP, MySQL, and Java to C++, Python, Cassandra, and Kafka, we believe in the right tool for the job.
Requirements and Experience:
- Experience with Modern C++ 17 / 14 / 11
- A craftsman excited to build highly performant software using the full feature set of modern C++
- A desire to stay on top of the latest trends in technology, such as reading the most recent version of the C++20 spec or prototyping a cutting-edge NoSQL platform
- A passion for identifying and eliminating tech debt
- Automated Testing, Continuous integration, and Continuous Deployment using systems such as Jenkins
- Linux virtualization or containerization such as Docker
- Git version-control system and code review tools such Gerrit or Review Board
- Build systems such as Make/CMake
- Linux C/C++ compilers such as g++, gcc, or Clang
- Cassandra, ScyllaDB, or equivalent NoSQL technologies
- Network programming (TCP/IP, HTTP/S)
- GitHub- we like developers who like developing!
- Agile development including either Scrum or Kanban
- Large-scale, transnational environments (including high volume, fault tolerant, and scalable systems)
- Networking/API/microservice design with an emphasis on low latency systems
- Distributed/parallel processing
- This position is based in Denver (Broomfield), CO and includes competitive pay, unlimited time off, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision insurance), 401k matching program, education assistance, gym reimbursement, parental leave and an annual technical education stipend
- The base compensation range for this role, depending on level I, II or III: $90,000 - $115,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- At SpotX, we strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We hire based on experience and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires
- An innovative company building best-in-class technology from 10 offices around the world (including Denver, New York City, London, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Belfast)
- A fun, casual, and collaborative culture with a commitment to work-life balance
- An award-winning organization, check out our latest accolades here
- Committed to work life balance, offering a company-wide annual holiday break: our offices are closed from Christmas to New Years
- Proud to give back through the SpotX for Change Program matches up to $250 per year of employee donations to charities. SpotX contributed over $50K to charitable organizations in 2020
- Featured on The Muse, learn more about our company and view employee testimonials here
- In the news...check out our latest updates here
We LOVE our customers.
We BELIEVE in our people.
We RESPECT each other.
We are DRIVEN.
We are SPOTX.
SpotX is the leading video advertising platform shaping digital video and the future of TV globally. The company's solutions enable media owners to monetize content across all screens and streams while providing advertisers with direct access to brand-safe, premium inventory. With best-in-class technology purpose-built for video, SpotX's trusted, privacy-compliant solutions are employed by some of the largest media owners in the world including A+E Networks, Crackle Plus, The CW Network, Dentsu CCI, Discovery, Electronic Arts, Fox Corporation, fuboTV, Gannett, Microsoft, Newsy, Pluto TV, Roku, Sling TV, and Vudu. In the US, SpotX works with nearly all major OTT stakeholders and reaches 4 out of 5 viewers of ad-supported CTV, or 50 million households. SpotX is a subsidiary of Bertelsmann's RTL Group and is headquartered in Denver with 10 offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more at www.spotx.tv.