Skift is seeking an enthusiastic mid-level Front-End Developer in our London offices, to join our growing developer team. Skift is the largest business media company in travel sector, and deciphers and defines trends for global CEOs and CMOs in travel, dining, and wellness sectors through a combination of news, research, conferences, and marketing services. In 2018 Skift was selected as a LinkedIn’s World’s Best Startups to Work For.
We are a nimble team of about 60 people, in a fast-paced environment. You will own projects from beginning to end as well as collaborate as a team on a single goal. You will have a critical voice in discussing project direction, developer team operations, and tech stack.
You will be the sole developer in London office, and will work with Skift developers including the Dev Manager based in Skift’s New York headquarters. Skift is building up its London office as its second HQs over 2019 and will hire about half dozen people in 2019 to add to the three full time employees already there.
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- Clear understanding of browser differences and quirks
- Excellent design skills and a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with PHP
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation
- Strong written communication
- Experience communicating and collaborating with non-technical teams
- WordPress including custom themes and plugins
- React or another SPA (Angular, Vue, etc)
- SASS or another CSS pre-compiler
- Git or SVN (we use git and Github)
- Twig or other templating framework