Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
We’re growing and need your help to find and hire the right talent.
- Manage full cycle recruitment including sourcing, assessing, pitching candidates, coordinating/scheduling/greeting with help of Office Assistant,
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their needs, coach them on hiring best practices and interview processes, develop eye-catching job descriptions and help them find and prioritize amazing candidates
- Build a pipeline of candidates, both through posting and creative sourcing
- Lead feedback sessions with interview teams prior to and after interviews for alignment throughout the interview process
- Be an evangelist of the SLM brand, through an online presence, planning, and attending recruiting events
- Constantly improve recruiting processes, and existing programs and approaches
- Use your enthusiasm for SLM to engage candidates and provide them a positive interview experience
- Understand and support company on recruiting compliance and laws
- Work with and organize outside recruiting agencies, when needed
What We're Looking For:
- 2 to 4 years of full cycle recruiting experience, preferably in-house
- Direct sourcing experience and ability to build a pipeline of candidates
- Experience using an ATS with a habit for database hygiene and attention to detail
- Knowledge of sourcing tools and job boards for finding top talent
- Ability to develop trust with your candidates and hiring managers while providing excellent, hands-on communication & service throughout the recruiting process
- A clear communicator with a knack for organization
- You aren’t afraid to toggle between the nitty gritty of scheduling and coordinating to bigger picture thinking and strategy
- Flexibility - things change often and we need someone who can roll with the punches and adapt quickly
- Ability to work independently
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including team events, happy hours, and trips
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.