- New York, NY
Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking to hire a product designer for Poplar, our client facing print & mail platform. Work closely with a PM and engineers on a cross functional product team. Interface internally with client facing teams and directly with clients for research purposes. We are looking for talented product designers who are comfortable working within the entire spectrum of the design process.
- 3+ years of experience working in a product design role at a startup environment.
- Be comfortable leading an iterative & collaborative design process with engineers and PMs.
- Talk to customers to understand their needs, work with internal account managers, business, and data to unpack user pain points and structure the user flows.
- Have strong UX fundamentals and an interest in applying them to a data heavy web product.
- Have strong graphic design fundamentals, mindful of typography, color usage, visual hierarchy, etc.
- Proficiency in Figma (or Sketch)
- Maintain and continue to develop a strong cohesive visual identity within the mail platforms design system and the marketing site and content.
- Implementation-focused, and ready to roll up your sleeves and make an impact at a small fast growing startup.
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office / Remote flexibility
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips (Currently Virtual)
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing, implementing, and then scaling them quickly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top