- New York, NY
Share Local Media, or SLM, is a rapidly growing startup reimagining the world of offline marketing for tech and e-commerce companies. We started as e-commerce marketers ourselves, and launched SLM with a goal of turning direct mail into a high performing, scalable channel for a digitally native client set. To do so, we’ve taken an inputs based-approach to the space, and re-engineered the channel from the ground up to make it easier to test, faster to execute, more measurable, and ultimately, more effective for e-commerce and tech clients of all types.
So what does SLM actually do? We’re a full-service direct mail agency, media program operator, and technology platform, serving some of your favorite e-commerce and tech brands (think Casper, Lyft, Grubhub, etc.). We live and breathe direct response marketing, and strive to delight clients with high performing campaigns built around fast, data-driven client service, and premium, unique branding.
What are we like at SLM? We’re passionate, humble, and kind. We value data-driven thinking, speed, persistence, creativity, and teamwork. We love helping clients grow and scale through a tactile medium that has long term brand value. And finally, we get excited about transforming an old-school channel into something new through data, product, technology, and a service-driven mentality.
Share our excitement? Great - we’d love to hear from you!
We have built a platform that enables our clients to deploy and manage direct mail campaigns similar to how they would use a tool like MailChimp to run an email marketing campaign. We offer full personalization and can interface with a client's CRM or automated marketing platform to trigger mailings based on user behavior and segmentation.
You’ll report directly to the CTO and you will be working with stakeholders across the organization. This is a unique opportunity to make a lasting and immediate impact.
You will be:
- Implementing campaign management tools to give clients real-time insights into their campaigns and offering vital insights.
- Building data pipelines and helping us integrate insights from clients existing (non-programmatic) campaigns.
- Integrating with printers and other 3rd parties to enable us to offer new formats and features.
- Working with our data team to iterate on tools and methodologies for attribution, tracking and reporting.
- Helping us evolve our AWS infrastructure for performance and security.
Our primary technologies are Ruby (on Rails) and React.js. We are using Postgres, Docker, Redis and running on AWS.
Come join the party!
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional experience building software products.
- Strong experience with at least one common web application language such as Ruby, Python or NodeJS.
- Strong familiarity with AWS (EC2, S3, RDB)
- Strong database experience (Postgresql, Redshift, NoSQL)
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
What we offer
- Full-time role based in our NYC office / Remote flexibility
- Ownership and growth opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Robust benefits package
- A fun culture including: team events, happy hours, and trips (Currently Virtual)
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.
Back to top