- 5 years of experience in building maintenance or skilled trades
- Experience in working with mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, drywall repairs, or carpentry
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, collaborative, and proactive mindset
- Working knowledge of building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems
- Valid Michigan Driver's License and an acceptable driving record
- Commercial driver's license (with hazardous waste endorsement) within 90 days of hire
The Field Services Engineer is responsible for the daily operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs of assigned commercial, residential and undeveloped properties. In addition, they focus on special projects and tenant events, optimum equipment efficiency and exterior grounds upkeep.
- Perform various tasks including painting, drywall repair, cleaning, caulking, cement work, and changing locks
- Inspect undeveloped or vacant buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Input work orders into Yardi system and ensure they are completed promptly with follow-up to the leader with status updates
- Prioritize service calls and follow-up upon completion
- Perform manual snow removal and salting as needed
- Perform exterior grounds upkeep, sidewalk cleaning/sweeping, power washing, window washing, etc.
- Set up and strike special events, onsite tenant activations, and outdoor projects
- Maintain and repair plumbing systems
- Notifies property management when working on site
- Work with managers and leads to maintain the schedule and ensure projects stay on track
- Order parts and supplies as required
- Maintain stock and inventory control
- Become familiar with and adhere to all team operating procedures
- Ensure the cleanliness and appearance of sites, shops, warehouse and associated work areas
- Complete the Bedrock Safety Training Program and adhere to all safety-related rules
- Operate company vehicles and related equipment while following all safety guidelines to conduct vacant building inspections, deliver supplies and equipment
- Work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested and committed more than $5.6 billion to acquiring and developing more than 100 properties, including new construction of ground-up developments in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 18 million square feet.
Bedrock's real estate portfolio consists of more than 200 office tenants and more than 120 retailers and restaurants in Detroit's technology-centric downtown, the majority of which are new to the market, including Microsoft, Quicken Loans, LinkedIn, StockX, Ally Bank's national headquarters, Fifth Third Bank's regional headquarters, WeWork, Madewell, Under Armour, Shake Shack and countless others.
Bedrock is currently developing four transformational projects, including the Hudson's Site, Monroe Blocks, Book Tower renovation and One Campus Martius expansion. Bedrock is also undertaking construction of City Modern, a community development in Detroit's Brush Park neighborhood. Partnering with Detroit-based Shinola, Bedrock developed the world's first Shinola Hotel on Woodward Avenue, which opened in early 2019.
Bedrock is dedicated to creating jobs for Detroiters and investing in job training. Over the last year, the company has invested in both the Randolph Career Technical Center and the Breithaupt Career and Technical Center to build a pipeline of talent for Detroit's growing economy.
Creating unique experiences through real estate is Bedrock's mission. To make this a reality, Bedrock and its affiliates continuously invest in significant public art installations and placemaking initiatives throughout the city.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.