Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Site Reliability, you will collaborate closely with product development teams on the deployment of the Prisma Cloud platform and its applications. You have a background running large scale applications in AWS and/or GCP and are excited about helping teams be successful in building reliable, self-healing services. You’re not only passionate about getting the most out of native cloud services such as EKS, EMR, RDS, and DynamoDB, but you also have experience in writing code to take advantage of them.
- Collaborate with teams on improving deployment automation, improving speed, accuracy, and security of our cloud products. You’re intimately familiar with CI/CD tools and methodologies and know how to get the most out of them
- Write automation for provisioning and operating infrastructure at large scale. You are an expert software engineer focused on automating operations.
- Comfortable working with development teams on addressing reliability and scale concerns across the stack. You’re just as much dev as ops and flourish working in an Agile model
- Help teams improve the observability of their services through application and infrastructure instrumentation. Monitoring, metrics, and deep introspection of applications is a must and an area you’re passionate about
- Participate in the occasional on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure owned by the SRE team
- Strong sense of architecture and design for fault tolerance, scale-out approaches, and stability
- Demonstrated experience in building tools and automation in Python or Java for large production environments
- 1+ years of working with microservice architectures running on Kubernetes and containers
- 4+ years of Unix/Linux experience (shell/tools/kernel/networking/storage)
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Consul, etc.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS or GCP) at medium to large scale
- Hands on experience managing and tuning software such as NGINX, HA Proxy, Redis, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and typical GCP or AWS services
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building large-scale metrics and monitoring systems is a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about creating products to solve problems no one has tackled before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled opportunity to build the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top