Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Love staying ahead of the growth curve and experimenting with new software and environments? Get on board as an Atlassian Site Reliability Engineer.
As a Sr. Engineer in one of our Site Reliability Engineering teams, you’ll build solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of Atlassian services as well as automating away repetitive work. You'll also respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our products that you can really sink your teeth into. You'll be working in non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem-solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for the code you write all the way to production. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of our products. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers. You will own development efforts in each and every sprint from planning to delivery to realise this goal and collaborate with the different teams to review code.
One thing we promise: you’ll never be bored.
On your first day, you will have experience in:
- Software development across one or more programming languages - (Python preferred)
- Deep understanding of Linux systems
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Google compute, Azure, Rackspace cloud - minimum of 2 years
- Deep expertise in Monitoring distributed systems application architectures
- Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting user-facing service outages
- Exposure to system and application level telemetry for large distributed cloud architectures
- Diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput web applications and network services
- Expert level troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
- Expertise with one or more: Python, Java, bash, Perl, Golang
- Experience with container management and micro-services architectures such as Docker
- Building, automating, and maintaining infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Experience monitoring cloud services with DataDog
- Understanding of ITIL terminology for incident and problem management
- Awareness and insight into industry trends (technology, methods and tooling)
- Management and troubleshooting of a continuous integration pipeline
- Experience leading teams of engineers in service outage situations
Atlassian Site Reliability Engineering is a rapidly growing group within the organization. We are in the process of building our teams, tools and systems as part of Atlassian's mission to build the best SaaS services in the world. This is a truly exciting team to join - we are currently or are planning to be involved with every technical team across Atlassian.
We enable Atlassian to go fast by providing real-time feedback on production systems. We work side by side with the product family and platform developers to maintain and improve services and performance. We live the company values with a strong customer focus and possess a healthy sense of urgency. We are a heavily data-driven team, utilising a variety of data collection, enrichment, analytics and visualisations to learn about our complex systems.
We also live the 'Play, as a team' value by having a strong focus on sharing learning experiences from the front line with the development teams. So, the options for people in the team are vast. If you like mastering a domain and going deep, we need you. If you can juggle three tasks and coordinate multiple people in the heat of an incident, we need you. If you love the benefits of process and methodical improvement, you will love it here. If you want to keep your head down, headphones on and bash out code to support the team, we have a spot for you too.More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, five paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause, plenty of food and beverages, ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years, generous employer-paid insurance coverage (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, 401k matching and more.More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Atlassian's Employees
Customer Advocate Manager
Rabya leads the Customer Advocate team in giving support to customers in all aspects of their Atlassian experience, answering non-technical inquiries through calls and email.
Back to top