Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Sales Representative II is responsible for increasing market share and sales for the Dal-Tile SBU in the prescribed region/area and increasing account base by servicing existing customers and expanding account base through cold calling. This position will be base out of Winnipeg, Manitoba and cover both Manitoba and Saskatchewan markets.
- Conducts weekly sales calls - includes servicing existing customer as well as cold calling potential customers (average 4-5 cold calls per week).
- Prepares weekly “Sales” and “Call” reports.
- Develops monthly strategy for sales calls and prepares monthly travel calendar based on that strategy.
- Conducts area market analysis of top accounts in each area – include top Dealers, top Contractors and top Builders.
- Researches area market product data to determine the types, styles and sizes most commonly purchased in the area to determine sales strategy.
- Grows market share by increasing sales and sales volume while maintaining company approved product margin goals.
- Completes “Positive Action Forms” for all cold calls resulting in a display, rack and/or sale.
- Utilizes influence and negotiation skills to sell and/or place displays in customer’s showrooms.
- Conducts client follow-ups via phone calls, letters and/or emails.
- Establishes and maintains client files and performs timely follow up on programs and projects.
- Provides PK seminars to customers.
- Utilizes “On Demand” reporting to achieve sales objectives.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education Requirments -
- Requires high school diploma or GED
Some college highly preferred
Computer skills to include functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus Notes/email
Clean driving record and reliable transportation is required
A minimum of one to two years prior selling experience is highly preferred but not required
Prior customer service experience is a plus
Proven ability to work in an unstructured, unsupervised environment is required
Self-motivated with the ability to work under little or no supervision
Must possess proven interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiation skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Must be able to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate solid time management and organizational skill
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).