Business Development Representative
- Boston, MA
About Mentor Collective:
Mentor Collective is the industry-leading provider of mentoring programs and the #1 best small company to work at in Boston (https://www.builtinboston.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-boston-2020). We partner with universities to design, manage, and assess programs that give all students access to a relevant near-peer mentor. Learn more about our culture here: https://www.mentorcollective.org/join-the-team/
About the role::
BDRs are high energy professionals that drive the demand for our pioneering mentorship programs. Ideal candidates should be eager to demonstrate their ability to be sales oriented self-starters. Mentor Collective offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided tools, training, and excellent mentorship to sell mentorship programs and take your career at Mentor Collective to the next level!
Why work at Mentor Collective?
- We believe that work is a never-ending process of learning and iteration.
- We work on extremely important problems.
- Your colleagues will be smart and extremely passionate about our mission of empowering students to achieve their full potential.
- Our programs make thousands of student's lives better by giving them access to a relevant near-peer mentor.
- We're funded by education's most respected investors.
- You'll have the opportunity to impact higher education forever.
- Qualify, follow up, educate, and execute a substantial volume of cold leads to progress prospects further into Mentor Collective's sales process
- Generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Partnership Directors using Mentor Collective's qualification criteria
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through cold discovery calls, and email campaigns
- Utilize your active-listening skills to learn and uncover partner needs and student success obstacles to effectively communicate how Mentor Collective can solve them
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead-quality, conversion rates, and pipeline generation
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to the assigned Partnership Director
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue and growth goals
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to Mentor Collective's standards; provide metrics on leads
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years expereince in sales
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and self-starting person
- A desire to grow and advance a career in sales
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience with Outreach.io
- Experience working in or with higher education a plus
All candidates are required to have US Work Authorization.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Katie Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Remote first company
- Christmas - New Years winter break
- Annual salary increases beyond the cost of inflation
- 401k benefits
- Access to Mentor Collectives network of experts and advisors for all employees
- Continued education budget spend how you choose
- Stipend for WFH office set up
- Unlimited PTO & a minimum requirement for employees
- Centrally located office (downtown Boston) with free office gym access in the building
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work remote while traveling, ability to set work from home days/schedule
- Student loan benefits
- Quarterly 360 feedback sessions
- MBTA transit perk
- Free snacks in office
You are welcome at Mentor Collective!
We mean it when we say everyone deserves a fair shot at success. Mentor Collective welcomes any and all people, embracing their age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation and expression, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, nationality, culture, religion and perspective. We want to create an inclusive and equitable work environment that reflects the very students and universities we serve.
Back to top