ABS Portfolio Manager
- Jersey City, NJ
Lord Abbett seeks an exceptional ABS Portfolio Manager to join its Taxable Fixed Income group. Primary responsibilities will center on credit analysis of asset-backed securities.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute to the management of Lord Abbett’s ABS portfolio, which spans a full array of credit ratings and sectors, by working in a fast paced and collaborative team
- Understand principles of portfolio and risk management, comparison and forecasting of risk adjusted returns, and relative value analysis
- Implement portfolio positioning across numerous risk tolerances and mandates
- Demonstrate comfort and depth of experience with multiple sectors of ABS such as unsecured consumer loans, student loans, autos, esoterics, etc.
- Perform credit surveillance of existing investments and relevant industry exposures
- Maintain updated cash flows and analytics for existing investments
- Assist in the development of optimal trading strategies
- Analyze and interpret portfolio risk and attribution reports
- Perform scenario analyses and other portfolio level testing
- Work with internal systems designed for portfolio construction
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of research and/or portfolio management experience in traditional and esoteric ABS sectors
- Deep knowledge of loan analysis and ABS structures
- Experience with loan level data analysis and default and prepayment models
- Proficiency with standard finance applications such as Intex
- Ability to articulate complex investment models in a clear and concise manner with internal and external constituents
- Ability to multi-task across analytical, tactical, and research activities in a detail oriented and timely manner
- Strong technical abilities with demonstrated experience learning and navigating complex systems, including databases and analytical models
- Strong commitment to performance and accuracy of work product
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of investment banking or capital markets a plus
- CFA designation preferred or equivalent educational background
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is one of the fastest-growing global asset managers with approximately $200 billion in assets under management. We seek to hire a diverse group of talented individuals who are committed to driving our vision to be the most respected asset manager in the world. We are looking for candidates who value excellence, responsibility, transparency, and collaboration as much as we do. Our employees share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures.
Back to top