Site Reliability Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Site Reliability Engineer
LogRocket's mission is to help engineering and product teams create excellent experiences for their customers. By recording videos of user session, along with logs and network data, LogRocket intelligently highlights UX issues and surfaces the root cause of every bug.
In this role, you'll build and maintain the tooling and infrastructure that allows LogRocket and our customers to deploy, scale, and monitor a high-throughput event processing system. You will handle on-call events, help with issue resolution, own post-mortems, and advocate for changes to improve the stability and security of the platform. For customers with on-premise hosting, you will be a technical resource to help them effectively run LogRocket in uniquely constrained environments across a variety of cloud offerings.
We've raised over $30M from top investors including Battery Ventures and Matrix Partners, and are currently doubling in usage every few weeks. It's a great time to join!
- Work with members of the engineering team to identify and resolve spikes in processing latency in our ingestion worker pool
- Help build tools to streamline the onboarding and release process for customers using LogRocket's On-Premise offering
- Collaborate with our sales engineers to set up a customer’s LogRocket installation in a completely air-gapped environment
- Overhaul a fleet of nginx load-balancers handling 100s of thousands of requests per second without incurring downtime
- Automate database scaling to improve operating cost while maintaining the ability to respond to traffic spikes
What We Look For
- Familiarity with the state of the art in cloud technologies, including common providers, specific tools of the trade, and their strengths and weaknesses
- Experience operating applications and databases with demanding scalability or availability requirements
- Proven expertise in modern container orchestration practices (we use Kubernetes on GKE)
- A strong understanding of the performance, architecture, tooling, and cost of cloud systems
- A security focused mindset with a solid understanding of incident response and risk mitigation
- A strong collaborator who is transparent about progress on tasks, seeks feedback early and often, works effectively with the team and customers
Benefits & Perks
- Catered lunch throughout the week and a fully stocked kitchen with all your favorite snacks (healthy AND non-healthy)
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it, no strings attached
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits paid for by us, along with 401k and Commuter benefits
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Regular team outings and activities (craft nights, boat cruises, excursions out of the city, and many more!)
- Flexible working hours and location
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
LogRocket was founded in 2016 by Matthew Arbesfeld and Ben Edelstein, a computer science duo who have been building products together since the 3rd grade. Frustrated by how difficult it was to understand their customers' experiences, Arbesfeld and Edelstein set out towards an audacious goal: make every experience on the web as perfect as possible.
Our team is a diverse group who bring an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT and Columbia. We enjoy lunch together every day in our airy downtown Boston office, learning more about each other at our Show and Tells, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship -- our engineering blog posts give you a taste of that -- and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives -- whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies -- and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
LogRocket is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Back to top