Senior Director of SOX Compliance – Job Description
Location: Palo Alto Office, or "Remote San Francisco Bay Area" within driving proximity to Palo Alto office for regular meetings, daily in office not necessary.
We are seeking a Senior Director of SOX compliance to lead the Company’s effort to design, implement and maintain our SOX compliance program. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, you will have broad exposure to the operations of the Company and will interact with leaders across Finance, Legal, HR, Operations, Sales, Engineering and IT as well as our external auditors and advisors.
This individual will initially be working with external advisors to design and implement the program, but will eventually be responsible for the in-house management of Intapp’s SOX compliance effort and will need to build a team to execute the scoping, testing and documentation of results of SOX compliance audits.
- Review the SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process
- Oversee the effort to design, develop and test the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting including documentation and assessment (i.e. narratives, flowcharts, risk and control matrices) and annual testing plan
- Oversee internal compliance audits including scoping, testing and documentation of results
- Coordinate external audit controls testing efforts, including walkthroughs, testing, audit requests and evaluation of deficiencies
- Prepare and routinely present findings of SOX program, testing and results to management and the Audit Committee and track any identified control deficiencies, remediation and closure of findings
- Act as the "go-to" person for internal controls within the organization and provide reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the management teams of all major functional areas as well as external auditor, ensuring a holistic understanding of key risks and processes of the organization
To thrive in this role, you have:
- MBA or CPA certification
- A minimum of 12 years SOX audit experience within the technology industry; some Public Accounting firm experience with regards to SOX, Audit or internal audit functions.
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience in the context of a SOX or Audit leadership role; PMP or PMO certification is nice to have.
- A deep understanding of GAAP, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules and experienced in the use of auditing and assessment frameworks and the application of professional standards and preferably experience implementing and building a SOX program from scratch
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Experience managing a team that is a mix of professional staff and third-party consultants
- Strong leadership and team building and development skills with an ability to set objectives and drive results
- Proven ability to work with and communicate effectively across all levels across the organization; including educating cross-functional teams and other leaders regarding SOX.
- Strong influencing skills and business judgement