The FP&A Manager owns the Intapp financial model and works closely with the CFO, finance leaders, investor relations, and other team members to plan, analyze, and provide insights regarding the company’s financial performance. This position is responsible for building and maintaining driver-based models that provide the basis for the reporting, forecasting and planning processes. The FP&A manager also provides an external perspective on the company, tracking the perspectives of investors, managing external comp analysis, and monitoring industry trends that could impact company performance. He/she will provide insights related to business drivers of current results, will forecast financial results and metrics, and will develop a deep understanding of Intapp’s unit economics. The FP&A manager will also develop financial models to support strategic initiatives and provide actionable recommendations that will have significant impact on the company’s success. The role will also partner with corporate development on M&A-related work.
- Create, maintain and improve company financial models, including the consolidated 3-statement company model
- Design and build financial models to support business decisions, including historical data and projected results based on assessment of trends. Structure and extract data to support models.
- This an individual contributor role that will partner with the CFO, other finance leaders, and investor relations to provide narrative insights on Intapp’s current & expected future performance
- Coordinate inputs to the company financial model
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand drivers of trends, clearly communicate actionable insights from data-driven analysis and make recommendations for key business decisions.
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology to improve and automate processes
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to business questions; Deliver analytically rigorous insights to support investment direction and prioritization.
- Develop business rationale and create financial models for make versus buy decisions, including M&A synergies modeling, and provide recommendations.
- Prepare presentations to company leadership and the board
- Bachelor's Degree with extensive quantitative coursework in economics, finance, statistics, etc.; Applicants with an MBA from a top business school preferred
- 3+ years in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting
- 3 – 5 years corporate finance
- Prior experience building, maintaining, and adapting company financial model
- Demonstrated success working with CFOs and other company leaders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically and creatively, apply business acumen and exercise judgment
- Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or subscription recurring revenue experience
- Excellent financial/business modeling skills. Expertise in Excel. Demonstrated ability to create, navigate and explain complex models.
- Proven track record of achievement, self-motivation, initiative and integrity
- Intellectual curiosity with a continuous thirst to understand the why, and initiate new insightful conversations
- Highly productive and efficient. Able to thrive managing multiple projects under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively consistent with Intapp values
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills in Netsuite, Adaptive, Salesforce, Aviso, PowerPoint, and similar systems
- Growth mindset, demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Enjoyment of creating & building models, processes, and solutions from scratch.
- Intellectual curiosity, perseverance, resourcefulness. Figuring things out for the first time excites you.