Business Development Representative
- New York, NY
Position Open: Business Development Representative
New York, NY | Business Development + Sales | Full-time | Today
FounderMade is obsessed with the world’s best products in food, wellness, and beauty. Our mission is to get the most innovative, inspiring consumer brands to the place they belong: in the hands of those who want them. We do this through helping consumers discover new brands that will improve their lives, empowering founders to bring their products to more people, and bringing retailers and distributors a curated selection of best-in-class brands through our tech platform and annual summits.
FounderMade is looking for experienced sales professionals to join our business development team. The BDR team is responsible for outbound prospecting and setting up qualified appointments for our account executive team. We’re looking for an efficient communicator who is able to gain access to high-level executives in order to communicate our company’s value proposition. Reporting to the CRO, the Business Development Representative will have the following responsibilities:
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Present the FounderMade mission and value proposition to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
- Report to the Sales Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
Skills and Expertise:
- Proactive and passionate about making an impact in a growing industry
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
Why You’ll Love Working at FounderMade:
- You’ll have an immediate impact. We’re a small, passionate team who doesn’t just talk about doing things—we actually get them done.
- You’ll have your hands in all aspects of audience development. This is a chance to lead all aspects of our audience development partnerships and be part of building our future team.
- You’ll work directly with our founders and leadership team and have the chance to learn about all facets of a fast-growing startup.
- Free. Product. Samples. Our product closet is unlike anything you’ve ever seen.
Back to top