We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas or take over sponsorship at this time.
About the role:
As a Data Scientist, you will be one of Enova's most valuable team members. You will develop, enhance and test our models for use in determining the appropriate lending criteria and verification procedures. At times, you may be asked to conduct ad hoc analysis using statistical and financial tools to recommend for risk management, marketing and operational strategies. You will demonstrate the ability to interpret and organize data, and communicate it effectively to cross functional teams to solve business problems, provide requirements and support implementation.
- 3+ years of experience in Analytics or related field
- Advanced programming skills and the ability to write customized programs for meaningful data analysis (Python, R)
- Experience working with relational databases, such as SQL
- Knowledge of statistical/econometric modeling
- A Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience
About our Analytics team:
Enova's Analytics team consists of over 100 quantitative professionals dedicated to using the latest cutting-edge techniques to drive business value. We are a shared service for the entire company and operate in four core Analytics workgroups:
- Portfolio Analytics –we focus on building the latest risk, pricing, and underwriting models to improve our lending decisions by using advanced modeling and simulation techniques to optimize the performance of our loan products and operations.
- Fraud Analytics – analysts on the fraud team use advanced data mining techniques to identify and fight online fraud.
- Business Forecasting - we build statistical and machine learning models to predict the Fair Value of our loan portfolios, and support decisioning in Capital Markets and Contact Center Operations
- Research and Platforms- the RAP team builds all of our technical tools and platforms. They help investigate new analytics methodologies, use cases, and data sources, to institute new and best practices within the department.
We are language agnostic, but primarily use Python, R, SQL, SAS and Mathematica. That means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand. At Enova we have a company-wide culture that emphasizes data-driven analysis. That means you spend less time presenting and more time with the fun part, crunching data!
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible work schedule (In-office T/W/Th and remote M/F for hybrid-eligible roles)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance including mental health benefits
- 401(k) matching plus a ROTH option
- PTO & paid holidays off
- Sabbatical program (for eligible roles)
- Summer hours (for eligible roles)
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- DEI groups (B.L.A.C.K. @ Enova, HOLA @ Enova, Women @ Enova, Pride @ Enova, South Asians @ Enova, APEX @ Enova, and Parents @ Enova)
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Charitable matching and a paid volunteer day…Plus so much more!
Enova International is a leading financial technology company that provides online financial services through our AI and machine learning-powered Colossus™platform. We serve non-prime consumers and businesses alike, while offering world-class technology and services to traditional banks—in order to create accessible credit for millions.
Being a values-driven organization is at the core of Enova’s success. We live our values by listening to our customers, challenging assumptions, thinking big, setting high expectations, and hiring and developing the best. Through our values and our commitment to making Enova an awesome place to work, we maintain an environment of inclusion and culture where our employees can thrive. You can learn more about Enova’s values and culture here.