- New York, NY
This position is primarily responsible for the provision of clinical counseling and psychotherapy services to participants with substance abuse/co-occurring disorders, senior citizens and youth requiring mental health and/or social interventions. This position reports directly to the Clinical Director.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following and (some) will be specific to modalities assigned to (SUD –Residential/Outpatient or Senior Citizens/Prevention RISE-UP). Other duties may be assigned as needed/required.
- Assists with screenings, assessments, and level of care determinations for new participants.
- Development of bio-psychosocial evaluations.
- Utilizes validated screening tools.
- Maintains an individual caseload, providing participants with individual and/or group therapy.
- Formulates treatment plans for individual participants and modifies treatment plans on an on-going basis to reflect participants’ behavioral changes.
- Conducts evidence based practices to the individual needs of the participants (EBPs include, but are not limited to, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Matrix Model, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy).
- Facilitates specialized, therapeutic groups, including trauma informed care, based upon participant and program needs.
- Provides crisis counseling.
- Conducts specialized workshops such as Parenting Skills, Conflict Resolution and Intimate Partner Violence.
- Provides education on issues related to mental health and social concerns.
- Provides advocacy for participants and acts as liaison with community resources.
- Collaborates with counselors, drawing on social work experience and participant needs.
- Conducts Youth focused EBP’s and works directly with school personnel/PTA.
- Conducts specialized youth groups and rap sessions.
- Engages youth in recreation and cultural activities.
- Helps to formulate youth led empowerment councils.
- Conducts and engages community in drug education and social awareness.
- Participates in youth led environmental strategies.
- Provides case assistance to seniors, assessing unmet needs and coordinating with DFTA case management agencies.
- Assists seniors with obtaining concrete services.
- Provides individual counseling and supportive services to seniors.
- Attends trainings and leads evidence based workshops.
- Conducts health awareness workshops.
- Engages seniors in recreation and socialization activities; specifically activities that promote mental and social wellness.
- Conducts telephone support calls and in-home friendly visits with staff.
- Assists family members in connecting with community resources.
- Adheres to social work standards and ethical principles, agency policies and procedures, and maintains professional relationships with other disciplines, participants and community supports.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate, complete and timely participant records that comply with regulatory requirements and agency internal policy and procedures.
- Complies with 42 CFR confidentiality and HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work from a graduate school of social work approved by the New York State Department of Education. The candidate must be licensed by the NYS Dept. of Education as a social worker. The license can be provisional at the outset with the requirement that a permanent license is obtained prior to expiration of provisional license.
- 1 years’ experience working with applicable populations who have substance abuse/ co-occurring disorders.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, obtain clearance from the Office of Children and Family Services and be drug free.
Employment Type: Full Time
Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
Salary details: $27.3673 hourly
Benefits: Participation in 401k; Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Annual and Sick Leave
Back to top