Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor
This position is primarily responsible for the provision of clinical counseling services and comprehensive management. This position reports directly to the Senior Counselor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation of services rendered in accordance with OASAS 822 regulations and deadlines.
- Completes intakes and assess participant’s appropriate level of care.
- Conduct psychosocial assessment.
- Develop individualized treatment plans based on participant needs.
- Provide individual and evidence-based group counseling (i.e. Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Matrix Model).
- Conduct discharge planning and provide aftercare services.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed
- Maintain an active caseload of 25 participants
- Must be able to work independently and as a team
- Required to work some evenings
Education and/or Experience:
- CASAC and 1year experience working with applicable populations who have substance use/co-occurring disorders; or
- CASAC-T with 2-3 years’ experience working with applicable populations who have substance use/co-occurring disorders; or
- Associates Degree and 6 years’ experience working with applicable populations who have substance use/co-occurring disorders.
- Must have basic computer skills.
Employment Type: Full Time
Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred
Experience working with adolescents/young adults preferred
Salary Details: $22.4412 an hour
Benefits: Participation in 401K, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Annual and Sick Leave
Back to top