Full Stack Software Engineer
- Brussels, Belgium
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As a Full Stack Engineer, you are a key player in helping key Collibra Products prove their value in the market. We are an engineer-driven company where we develop multiple products on the same business platform. As a Full stack Engineer, you will be building a new product (s) and features for current products together with your team members (Software Engineers, QA engineers, a UX experts, and a Product Managers, Cloud Engineers,...).
A day in the life of a Full Stack Engineer at Collibra:
Some of your daily responsibilities will be:
- Design and develop new features for a product
- Do peer programming and code review over bitbucket
- Formulate, suggest and develop new ideas and features to further improve our products
- Involve Software Architects in technical decisions taken for our projects
- Follow software development process using Jira and Bitbucket
- Help define product strategy with Product Managers
- Follow agile process to make sure your deliverables are visible for all the team and company stakeholders
- Work closely with:
- PM to prepare user stories and roadmap for the team
- Devs and QAs to deliver a high-quality product
- UX to have a beautiful and easy-to-use product
YOU HAVE/ YOU ARE:
- You are a strong software engineer with a passion for quality, good design and clean code
- You have a broad interest in technology and can easily switch to any technology that fits the purpose
- You bring a solid knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgresQL). All additional database technologies (graph databases, big data stacks, …) are a great advantage!
- You’re a master in build- and test-tools like Jenkins, Gradle, JUnit, Mockito …
- You have experience working with Hibernate, Spring, IntelliJ IDEA IDE.
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, graph databases, and database model optimization are a huge plus!
- You’re passionate about creating and finishing new things
- You love challenges and problem solving and have no fear for the unknown
- You are Agile-minded and have a positive mindset
- You put quality first
- You’re fully capable of working in English
- You are disciplined, flexible and willing to learn and improve
- A friendly and rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Flexible hours- quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches, in addition to meal vouchers. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- A spacious office easily accessible from Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, etc. and a company car (+ fuel card) to get you there
- A brand new state of the art laptop
- And of course, competitive benefits, compensation and equity.
Collibra is not currently accepting unsolicited assistance or resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to Collibra or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of Collibra. No fee shall be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Collibra as a result of the referral or through other means.
Back to top