Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Westlake, TX
Your Opportunity We are looking for a skilled engineer with disciplines that incorporate aspects of software systems engineering and operations. We are combining these skills to come up with better ways of managing and operating applications .
What you are good at
- Evangelize SRE mindset and solve problems through systematization.
- Identify opportunities to build innovative tools and solve unique operations problems on a large enterprise and mission critical applications
- Create scripts to automate operational tasks & incorporate the solutions into infrastructure
- Triage alerts & diagnose/resolve critical issues, manage implementation of changes
- Develop tools, frameworks, and instrumentation to validate and increase rollout success for applications.
- Coordinate capacity planning
- Develop CI/CD orchestration systems to reduce friction for software delivery to production.
- Real-Time troubleshooting of mission critical application workflows and incorporate feedback to product development.
- Participate in on call support
What you have
- 8-10 years of experience with enterprise level administration and support
- 8-10 years of experience in writing automation scripts, building application dashboards for proactive monitoring, setting up Alerts for early determination of the issues
- 8-10 years of experience practicing SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) practice, process improvements
- Hands on enterprise systems administration, monitoring, and deployment activities
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016 hosted via Virtual Machine
- Knowledge of IP networking including DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems and high-availability architectures
- Linux and Windows system administration, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Development experience in one or more or programming languages such as .Net, Powershell, Java, Python, Bash
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of one or more of Message Brokers such as Solace, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ
- Working knowledge of Splunk, AppDynamics or similar tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Financial services industry experience
- Agile methodologies
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to proactively own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues
- Extreme sense of ownership to resolve problems in a distributed environment
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system
- A self-starter with the ability and confidence to independently resolve issues and bring results back to the team
Back to top