Who is Candescent Health?
Candescent Health, a digital health and services company, builds cutting-edge technology and uses best-ofbreed process engineering practices to transform healthcare delivery, thereby improving patient outcomes and reducing costs. We are expanding across targeted specialties, but our primary focus has been radiology, which is bursting with opportunities for improvement. Radiology is a major part of healthcare today, with over $150 billion on average spent in the U.S. Radiology also touches every major disease category and hospital economic driver, but the delivery model is flawed and primed for change. Candescent Health provides a cloud-based service that enables radiologists and health systems to improve transparency, increase efficiency and create and maintain higher standards of care. We are transforming healthcare by capturing data, developing insights and delivering them at the point of care. Our team is passionate about improving healthcare, starting by becoming THE knowledge engine for radiology delivery.
Who we are:
We strive to deliver exceptional service by hiring driven team players that are intellectually curious, eager to learn and pursue growth and have the stamina to make an impact in our fast-paced environment. Our team is made up of leaders who have successfully built numerous companies in both healthcare and technology, including a leading national, cloud-based radiology services company. We are backed by leading healthcare technology venture capital firms and industry executives. At Candescent Health, we value high performance teams and we want to work with people that embody our foundational competencies:
- Innovative: We believe that re-thinking the status quo is imperative and that new ideas can and should come from everyone on the team.
- Collaborative: Every interaction, whether with clients or colleagues, should be impactful, respectful and leave them excited to deal with you again.
- Execution-Oriented and Accountable: The kind of change that is necessary will not come without breaking a few eggs, so we have the courage to be adventurous and try new things, but we also admit when something is not working, own it and do it better the next time.
What we are looking for:
Candescent is hiring a Strategic Account Manager group to join our growing team. Though there are many specific responsibilities we would like you to assume in this role – and we’ve spelled them out below, for clarity’s sake – the real question in a high growth company is always, what won’t you do?
Strategic Account Managers contribute to and own projects to help clients achieve radiology goals. The work is content-rich, diverse, and focused on building intellectual capital as we define and build a new business. Common requirements across all of the work include: diligence, precision, collaboration, insight, creativity, and delivery of results.
Examples of the work might include: building a model to help clients/prospects evaluate options and make critical decisions related to existing workflow or a new opportunity for expansion; tracking and prioritizing issues reported by clients; conducting analysis of radiology procedure and physician data to establish a performance baseline; answering questions from client executives or internal leaders by gathering information from multiple sources, conducting thorough analysis, and creating a document or presentation to articulate the answer.
This role will report to the VP of Strategic Account Management and support the team in successful ongoing management of accounts, execution of projects tied to customer performance, implementation of new customers, and support of new business development
We envision this role as providing a rich, hands-on learning environment that will enable team members to grow quickly, define the areas of the business in which they are most interested, and build their careers as leaders at Candescent accordingly.
As an equal opportunity employer, Candescent Health brings diverse talents together to achieve our company mission, vision, and values. We offer a competitive total rewards package for the intrinsically motivated employee. Our compensation approach includes both financial and non-financial benefits; in addition to competitive financial compensation, we offer the opportunity to work with great people and topnotch investors in a dynamic environment, full of learning and growth opportunities, and ripe for your contribution. In Candescent’s environment of reciprocal responsibility, we give you freedom, autonomy and flexibility. We treat you like an adult and expect that you will excel and do what is necessary to contribute. As the result, both you and Candescent will “do well, by doing good.”
Who you are, what you know, what you have accomplished:
We are looking for people who thrive in environments that are fast-paced, challenging, ever-changing and fun, where a service mentality and service delivery are critical to overall business success. Experience in healthcare, product/service companies and consulting is ideal.
You are seeking an environment that is hard-driving but also mission-driven and fun. You are independent and a self-starter; you are accustomed to taking some leaps and are highly proactive; you thrive in, enjoy, or are seeking work in an early-stage, high-growth, VC-backed environment. You are seeking an opportunity to grow and build your career in a new organization that is poised for success.
Strategic Account Managers are:
- Analytically strong and have superior problem solving skills; comfortable operating in scenarios with uncertainty and driving to concrete solutions
- Hands-on and detail oriented in approach
- Accountable in juggling competing priorities and deliver thorough, detail-oriented, and complete work product in a complex, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Able to identify problems, synthesize information from multiple sources, engage other stakeholders as needed, and conduct analyses that will produce insights and answers to questions
- Exceptionally skilled communicators; able to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external clients; confident in explaining work to others
- Capable and desire to rapidly assume new responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading school and/or demonstration of strong academic achievement
- 3-5 years of experience in analytic, solutions-oriented and/or consulting roles
- Experience conducting quantitative analyses, building models, and compiling presentations to support executive decision making
- A track record of achievement and a desire to grow rapidly
- Experience working successfully with others in complex and political environments
- Comfortable and skilled with technology; Excel and PowerPoint a must; familiarity with business intelligence tools a plus
In addition, you:
- Enthusiastically strive for opportunities to learn, grow, and apply your knowledge
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are not afraid to take smart risks
- Are a black belt collaborator and communicator – from the simple to complex business concepts, personal and interpersonal matters, with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Are innovative and create practical solutions to complex issues
- Roll up your sleeves, can multi-task, balance competing priorities and follow through to deliver on your own as well as with a small team
- Are an authentic, engaging person with texture, depth and something to say; you are somebody we would want to get stuck in an airport with