Project Manager, Professional Services
Who is Candescent Health?
Candescent Health, a Health IT and services company, builds cutting-edge technology and uses best-of breed process engineering practices to transform healthcare delivery, thereby improving patient outcomes and reducing costs. We are expanding across targeted specialties, but our primary focus has been radiology, which is bursting with opportunities for improvement. Radiology is a major part of healthcare today, with over $150 billion on average spent in the U.S. Radiology also touches every major disease category and hospital economic driver, but the delivery model is flawed and primed for change. Candescent Health provides a cloud-based service that enables radiologists and health systems to improve transparency, increase efficiency and create and maintain higher standards of care. We are transforming healthcare by capturing data, developing insights and delivering them at the point of care. Our team is passionate about improving healthcare, starting by becoming THE knowledge engine for radiology delivery.
Who we are:
We strive to deliver exceptional service by hiring driven team players that are intellectually curious, eager to learn and pursue growth and have the stamina to make an impact in our fast-paced environment. Our team is made up of leaders who have successfully built numerous companies in both healthcare and technology, including a leading national, cloud-based radiology services company. We are backed by leading Healthcare technology venture capital firms and industry executives. At Candescent Health, we value high performance teams, and we want to work with people that embody our foundational competencies:
- Innovative: We believe that re-thinking the status quo is imperative and that new ideas can and should come from everyone on the team.
- Collaborative: Every interaction, whether with clients or colleagues, should be impactful, respectful and leave them excited to deal with you again.
- Execution-Oriented and Accountable: The kind of change that is necessary will not come without breaking a few eggs, so we have the courage to be adventurous and try new things, but we also admit when something is not working, own it and do it better the next time.
Who you are:
- Enthusiastically strive for opportunities to learn, grow, and apply your knowledge
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are not afraid to take smart risks
- Are a black belt collaborator and communicator – from the simple to complex business concepts, personal and interpersonal matters, with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Are innovative and create practical solutions to complex issues
- Roll up your sleeves, can multi-task, balance competing priorities and follow through to deliver on your own as well as with a small team
- Are an authentic, nice person with texture, depth and something to say; you are somebody we would want to get stuck in an airport with.
What we are looking for:
Candescent is hiring a Project Manager to join our growing team. Though there are many specific responsibilities we would like you to assume in this role – and we’ve spelled them out below, for clarity’s sake – the real question in a high growth company is always, what won’t you do? We are looking for a Project Manager who is capable of planning, managing, monitoring and executing multiple, simultaneous engagements with both new and existing clients. While managing a cross-functional and cross-organizational set of activities, you will also serve as a point of contact for our clients. Successful project managers are able to leverage their excellent written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain strong relationships across range of audiences including internal team members as well as client stakeholders with clinical, technical and management backgrounds. You should be able to maintain a clear understanding of both the client’s responsibilities as well as Candescent Health’s responsibilities—effectively championing to keep the project on time and within scope while navigating potential conflict or differences of opinion. You will likely be identifying creative ways to utilize your assertiveness and negotiation skills in holding both clients and internal team members accountable while working collaboratively to meet important deadlines.
The Project Manager, Professional Services will:
- Apply solid understanding of the implementation process to develop project plans and schedules that represent the appropriate level of detail and task interdependency.
- Assume independent responsibility for various assigned projects, including keeping track of a range of tasks across interdisciplinary work streams to ensure successful completion.
- Schedule, facilitate and lead effective meetings (including preparing agendas, concise and compelling presentation materials, meeting summaries and tracking outstanding action items) to gather information, identify issues, facilitate resolution of roadblocks and communicate progress.
- Train clients and other users of the services platform through live and recorded webinars, on-site meetings and effective documentation.
Who you are, what you know, what you have accomplished:
Who you are is as important as what you know, particularly for this client training role, where we place a premium on covering all aspects, internal and external, of implementation. Other requirements include:
- Prior success working in implementation or client services, ideally in a health care setting (although aptitude for mastering a variety of industries is equally desirable) managing cross functional and client oriented projects and work streams in complex and politically sensitive environments
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, enabling you to listen actively to prospects, influential clients, and internal stakeholders, to communicate complex information clearly and concisely, and to drive to conclusions and solve issues in complex environments.
- Strong attention to and love for the details; ability to easily navigate between the big picture and the details
- Strong administrative skills—organized, thorough, systems oriented with meticulous attention to detail; able to multi-task, balance competency priorities and follow through independently as well as with a small team
- Be willing to travel nationally 75% of the time
- Strong educational background from a well-respected four year institution
- Demonstrated alignment with Candescent’s core values and key competencies as articulated above
- Growth-company DNA, prior experience working in a high growth, smaller company environmentProficient with all tools of the trade, including Office and Microsoft Project
As an equal opportunity employer, Candescent Health brings diverse talents together to achieve our company mission, vision, and values. We offer a competitive total rewards package for the intrinsically motivated employee. Our compensation approach includes both financial and non-financial benefits; in addition to competitive financial compensation, we offer the opportunity to work with great people, topnotch investors in a dynamic environment, full of learning and growth opportunities, and ripe for your contribution. In Candescent’s environment of reciprocal responsibility, we give you freedom, autonomy and flexibility. We treat you like an adult and expect that you will excel and do what is necessary to contribute. As the result, both you and Candescent will “do well, by doing good.”
Meet Some of Candescent Health's Employees
Scott S.Founder CEO
Want to improve the speed and accuracy of diagnostics. There's no reason every patient, irrespective of where they live, what time of day it is, shouldn't be getting the absolute best radialogy care.
Back to top