Principal Software Engineer
Who is Candescent Health?
Candescent Health seeks to change the process of healthcare delivery across targeted specialties, starting with radiology. Radiology is a major part of healthcare today, with over $150 billion in average spend in the U.S. Radiology also touches every major disease category and hospital economic driver, but the delivery model is flawed and primed for change. Candescent Health provides a cloud-based service that enables radiologists and health systems to improve transparency, increase efficiency and create and maintain higher standards of care. We are transforming healthcare by capturing data, developing insights and delivering them at the point of care. Our team is passionate about improving healthcare, starting by becoming THE knowledge engine for radiology delivery.
Who we are
We strive to deliver exceptional service by hiring driven team players who are intellectually curious, eager to learn and pursue growth and have the stamina to make an impact in our fast-paced environment. Our team is made up of leaders who have successfully built numerous companies in both healthcare and technology, including a leading national, cloud-based radiology services company. We are backed by leading Healthcare IT venture capital firms and industry executives.
At Candescent Health, we value high performance teams, and we want to work with people that embody our foundational competencies:
- Innovative: We believe that re-thinking the status quo is imperative and that new ideas can and should come from everyone on the team.
- Collaborative: Every interaction, whether with a client or a colleague, should be impactful, respectful and leave them excited to deal with you again.
- Execution-Oriented and Accountable: The kind of change that is necessary will not come without breaking a few eggs, so we have the courage to be adventurous and try new things, but we also admit when something is not working, own it and do it better the next time.
Who you are, what you know, what you have accomplished:
- Core product development
- Product architecture
- Clear documentation of systems and code
- Create/manage technical requirements
- Experience developing secure mission critical software
- Experience with the product development lifecycle (different from consulting projects)
- Development experience with PHP, Java
- Experience with Agile software development methodology with design reviews, unit testing, build/release and deployment
- Experience with MVC frameworks (e.g., Symfony, Laravel, Spring MVC, ROR, Grails)
- Experience with databases (e.g., MySQL, PostGreSQL)
- Experience with ORM tools (e.g., Doctrine, Hibernate)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., Solr, MongoDB,) a plus
- Create a flexible, elegant and simple architecture to manage complex healthcare workflows
- Create a highly available & scalable architecture to support a 99.99% SLA and 100,000 active/concurrent users (engaged in complex tasks)
- Design a front-end architecture for multiple role-based personalized views
Education and Training:
- College degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 4+ years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in commercial product development.
As an equal opportunity employer, Candescent Health brings diverse talents together to achieve our company mission, vision, and values. We offer a competitive total rewards package for the intrinsically motivated employee. Our compensation approach includes both financial and non-financial benefits; in addition to competitive financial compensation, we offer the opportunity to work with great people and top-notch investors in a dynamic environment, full of learning and growth opportunities, and ripe for your contribution. In Candescent’s environment of reciprocal responsibility, we give you freedom, autonomy and flexibility. We treat you like an adult and expect that you will excel and do what is necessary to contribute. As the result, both you and Candescent will “do well, by doing good.”
Who your are, what you know, what you have accomplished:
In addition, you:
- Enthusiastically strive for opportunities to learn, grow, and apply your knowledge
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are not afraid to take smart risks
- Are a black belt collaborator and communicator – from the simple to complex business concepts, personal and interpersonal matters, with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Are innovative and create practical solutions to complex issues
- Roll up your sleeves, can multi-task, balance competing priorities and follow through to deliver on your own as well as with a small team
- Are an authentic, nice person with texture, depth and something to say; you are somebody we would want to get stuck in an airport with.
Back to top