Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack
- New York, NY
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue, and growing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to act as Technical Lead on our Email Campaigns team, that is responsible for building customer facing full stack web applications. The ideal candidate is adept at writing robust, extensible, clean, and efficient code and has a knack for building production grade features, improving reliability, identifying gaps, working across teams, and leading the team to solve complex problems with the simplest and most efficient technical and architectural solutions.
Our stack consists primarily of Python on the backend, and Typescript and React on the frontend. We see technology as a means to solving problems and getting things done and thus prioritize talent over existing skill sets. We use Google Cloud hosted infrastructure services including Google App Engine, BigQuery, and Google Cloud Datastore.
Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scaleOwn projects end-to-end, including delivering architecture/technical designs, crafting, implementing, unit testing, deploying, and maintaining systems
- Work multi-functionally with product managers, technical program managers, engineering managers and engineers to deliver high quality products
- Identify strategies and gaps to improve code quality, coverage, and cleanliness
- Partner with QA teams to improve product reliability by enhancing integration, regression, and load testing
- Coaching and growing junior and mid-level developers through mentorship and leading by example
- Advising on standard methodologies for crafting and architecting scalable solutions, including design reviews, code reviews, and onboarding new technologies
- 8+ years of meaningful professional experience
- B.E./B.S. in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Mathematics or relevant field/equivalent work experience
- Track record of delivering high quality products and a knack for getting things donePassion for learning new technologies and developing skills
- Passion for working with and mentoring engineers
- Deep understanding and domain expertise in product engineering and full stack development
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
We are proud of the culture of flexibility, inclusivity and trust that we have built around our workforce. We are a remote first organization with the option to potentially work in our New York headquarters on occasion moving forward. We love the opportunity to come together – but employees will always have the option on where they work best.
At Bluecore we believe in encouraging an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, demonstrate their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences. Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to building a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top